Resting / Sleeping
- Don’t use a sofa arm as a pillow or watch TV in bed with your head supported only by pillows; this strains your neck.
- Avoid sleeping on a soft mattress or sofa.
- Lie down in bed when it is time to sleep. Don’t sleep in a chair or in cramped quarters.
- Sleep on your side with your knees bent or on your back with a pillow under your knees. Avoid sleeping on your stomach.
- Use a pillow that supports your head so that your neck and vertebrae are level with the rest of your spine as you sleep. Avoid sleeping on two pillows.
- Be sure to get plenty of sleep every day to allow your body to rest and recuperate.